"The Old Town" Edinburgh - The Royal Mile
Work continues on this important mixed use scheme on The Tannery Site in the heart of Edinburgh's Old Town. cfp have obtained Full Planning Consent and Listed Building Consent to transform this hitherto inaccessible part of the Old Town between Jeffrey Street and the High Street with a sensitivity designed development.
The design provides a 66 bedroom extension to the Jurys Inn Hotel, as well as 60 flats (including Social Housing) and a number of retail and office units. The accommodation is interlinked with public spaces providing access and reinstating pedestrian access between Jeffrey Street and The Royal Mile, by recreating the original closes and 'pends'. An underground car park is provided for the residential units.
The scheme represents a major regeneration of a whole urban block of the Old Town, creating an enhanced urban context for "Trinity Apse", an Ancient Monument to the east, and to Bishop Sydserff's House to the west, built in 1561. The layout and design is sensitive to the heritage of the site, and the proposals have been welcomed and supported by The Royal Fine Arts Commission for Scotland and The Cockburn Association.